A penny saved is a penny earned!
Whether you're brand new to saving or have tried and failed at it before, here are 10 easy steps:
1. Figure out how much money you make.
2. Create a budget.
3. Categorize your expenses.
4. See if you have money left over after paying for needs.
5. Change spending to save more money.
6. Build up your emergency fund.
7. Pay off short-term debt.
8. Open a retirement account.
9. Save for short-term goals.
10. Invest the remainder!
When determining how much you spend each month, don't forget to include one-time expenses and divy them up over the course of 12 months.
You may pay a yearly membership fee for clubs or certifications, but those costs need to be accounted for even if they don't recur month after month.